Custom Auto Body, Inc. Privacy Statement
Effective as of January 17, 2020
Custom Auto Body, Inc. (“Custom Auto Body”, “we” or “us”) is committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement (“Statement”) informs you how we collect, use, secure and share your personal identifying information (“Personal Data”) collected by us when you:
- Visit our website;
- Submit an inquiry through our “Contact Us,” “Request a Quote,” or other interactive pages that we may add in the future; or
- Send or receive communications from us, including invitations, resources, materials, emails, phone calls, texts or faxes, including information that may be sent to us from your insurance company and car rental agency.
The Information We Collect and Store
Personal Data is any information that identifies your or makes you identifiable. We may collect and store the following Personal Data in connection with our Interactions with you:
- User-provided information. When you use one of our interactive features on our site, some of the information that we request is Personal Data. If you do not want to provide Personal Data through the features on our site, please Contact Us to speak with us directly.
- Geo-Location Information. Some devices allow applications to access real-time location-based information, such as an IP address, can sometimes be used to approximate a device’s location.
- Cookies. We use “cookies” to collect information and improve our Interactions with you. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your device. We may use “persistent cookies” to save your registration ID and login password for future logins to our website. We may use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Service, to better understand how your Interactions with us and to monitor aggregate usage and web traffic routing on our website. For more information on cookies and similar technologies, please see our Cookie Statement.
How We Use Personal Data
Your Personal Data may be used for the following purposes:
- To engage in sales and marketing activities. We want to share information about our company’s auto repair and restoration services (“Services”) with you, and to do so we may process your contact information to send you marketing communications and targeted marketing; provide you with more detailed Product information or respond to your request for a quote; and keep you updated about our Services. You can opt-out of our sales marketing activities at any time and free of charge by Contacting Us.
- We, and our service providers such as Zoom Meetings, use Google Analytics and Google AdSense to assist us with marketing and advertising efforts. We do not combine the information collected using Google Analytics with Personal Data. Although Google Analytics plants a permanent cookie on your web browser to identify you as a unique user the next time you visit our website, the cookie cannot be used by anyone but Google. Google also uses specific identifiers to help collect information about the use of our website. For more information on how Google collects and processes your data, visit https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ You can prevent Google Analytics from using your information by opting out at this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout. Google has provided further detail regarding its privacy practices here: https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245
- We use Google Tag Manager to track activity on the site, such as when you download a file or article, when you click on one of our links, such as a telephone number or email address to contact us, the information that you provide to us through a form, when you view a video and when you click on a third party link.
- We also use pixels from Facebook and LinkedIn for targeted and behavioral advertising efforts. To adjust your settings in Facebook, you will need to log into your Facebook account directly and go to your privacy settings to select which cookies to accept or repress. To adjust your privacy settings in LinkedIn, please log into your LinkedIn account and click Privacy and Settings to adjust the level of activity you wish to share through LinkedIn.
- Companies may participate in industry-developed programs designed to provide consumers choices about whether to receive targeted advertising. Please visit the websites operated by the Network Advertising Initiative and Digital Advertising Alliance to learn more. (Canadian users may also visit the website operated by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada.
- If you sign up to receive marketing or informational announcements from us, such emails will include the capability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in the future. Marketing and informational announcements include any communications to you that are only based on promoting our Services. Transactional communications about an Interaction are not considered “marketing” or “informational” communications.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share and disclose your Personal Data as described below.
- Service Providers, Business Partners and Others. We use certain trusted third-parties to help us provide more relevant content to you, including maintaining this Site and serving customized advertisements based on your browsing history, fulfill orders, respond to inquiries, and Interact with you for employment and recruitment tracking purposes. We enable you to share your experiences with us through social networking services, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement Requests; Protection of Custom Auto Body’s Rights. We may use or disclose Personal Data to third parties when we have a good faith belief that disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with a law, regulation or legal requests including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements; (b) protect the safety of any person from death or serious bodily injury; (c) prevent fraud or abuse, or (d) protect our rights.
- Business Transfers. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of our assets, your information may be transferred as part of that transaction, but we will notify you (for example, via email and/or a prominent notice on our website) of any change in majority control.
Some browsers have incorporated Do Not Track (“DNT”) preferences. Most of these features, when turned on, send signals to the website you are visiting that you do not wish to have information about your online searching and browsing activities collected and used. As there is not yet a common agreement about how to interpret DNT signals, we do not honor DNT signals from website browsers at this time. Implementing a DNT preference also does not signify a “do not sell” request. We understand that various parties are developing “do not sell” signals, and we may recognize certain such signals if we conclude such a program is appropriate.
You may refuse or delete cookies; however, some of our website functionality may be not work properly.
Accessing, Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data
We may retain copies of your Personal Data if required by law or in the normal course of our relationship with you. For questions about your Personal Data related to our Interactions with you or in connection with our company, please Contact Us. We will respond to your inquiry as soon as possible. If your communication relates to your Personal Data, we may ask you to verify your identify before we can act on your request.
We employ appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security that is appropriate to our Interactions with you. No method of electronic transmission or storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security and cannot be responsible for unencrypted information that you send if it is subsequently subjected to unauthorized access.
Our website and Services are not directed or sold to persons under 18. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data from children under 18. Any individuals under the age of 18 must have consent to Interact with us or use the Services from their parent or guardian, preferably, ask the parent or guardian to handle all communications with our company. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Data without their consent, he or she should Contact Us. If we become aware that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Data, we will take steps to delete such information.
Transfer of Personal Data
If you Interact with us or provide your Personal Data to us, your Personal Data may be transferred to, processed and maintained on servers or databases located outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located. Such countries or jurisdictions may have data protection laws that are less protective than the laws of the jurisdiction in which you reside. If you do not want your Personal Data transferred to or processed or maintained outside of the country or jurisdiction where you are located, you should not use this website. The following sections below describe additional rights that certain individuals have with respect to safeguarding their privacy.
United States – State Laws and Regulations Regarding Individual Consumers’ Privacy Rights
Our website and Services are directed to Ohio residents only. We do not provide Services to anyone outside of Ohio. If you reside in a location outside of Ohio, please do not provide any Personal Data to us. However, if you are an individual consumer and resident of one of the states listed below, you may have additional privacy rights granted to you by your state of residence.
- California. If you are not a resident of Ohio, please discontinue use of this website as we do not provide Services outside of Ohio. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), California consumers have certain rights they may exercise either independently or through an authorized agent. CCPA rights requests are subject to an identification and verification process. We will not fulfill a CCPA request unless we have been provided sufficient information for us to reasonably verify that the requestor is the consumer about whom we collected Personal Data. Some Personal Data we maintain about consumers (e.g., clickstream data) is not sufficiently associated with enough Personal Data about the consumer for us to be able to verify that it is a particular individual. Accordingly, we will not include such information in response to consumer requests. Individual consumers residing in the state of California have additional rights: (1) Disclosure Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose the following Personal Data for the 12-month period prior to the request date: categories of Personal Data, any specific Personal Data that you may have provided to us, categories of third parties that have access to your Personal Data, as described above; “Do Not Sell” Rights. As stated above, we do not sell Personal Data as defined under the CCPA, and until such time as we change our practices by updating this Privacy Statement, will treat Personal Data collected under this Statement as subject to a “do not sell” request. Please see above regarding “do not track” mechanisms; Deletion Rights. If you request that we delete your Personal Data, we will honor the request; and Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you in a manner prohibited by the CCPA because you exercise your CCPA rights. Please note that refusal to provide a quote or any Services is not considered discrimination since we cannot provide Services since we are a local Ohio business.
- Nevada. “Do Not Sell” Rights. We do not sell Personal Data.
General Data Protection Regulation
If you an individual located in the European Economic Area, United Kingdom and/or Switzerland (collectively, the “Designated Countries”), we ask that you not Interact with this website as it is not directed to you, and we cannot provide Services to you. Nevertheless, if you do Interact with us, we will honor the rights granted by the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
A cookie is a small file that may be stored on your computer or other device. A cookie enables the entity that put the cookie on your device to recognize it across different websites, services, devices, and browsing sessions. We use certain cookies to enhance your Interactions as described in “How We Use Personal Data.”
When you use a web browser to access the Services, you may configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Click the “Help” menu of your browser to learn more about how to change your cookie preferences. The operating system of your device may contain additional controls for cookies. If you are interested in learning more about cookies, click here: www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note that disabling cookies may affect your ability to access and use this Site.
If you have any questions or comments about our repair and restoration Services, website or this Statement, we would like to hear from you.